Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

What to do with cucumbers???

I'm looking for something to do with cucumbers.  I solicited some help on Facebook.  Someone suggested white gazpacho.  She said, "I love white gazpacho!  I forgot which recipe I used, but it had bread, stock, white grapes, almonds, garlic and....cucumber!  It sounds weird, but was very good.  Other than that...tzatiki sauce?"


This looks like what she is talking about:


White Gazpacho Recipe




Tzatziki Sauce Recipe 

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/20242/tzatziki-sauce



Other responses I got were:

"Slice them and put in a bowl and pour Italian dressing over them and put in fridge they are good like that or a cucumbers sandwich."  

"I make cucumber salad with Italian dressing plus feta cheese and cubed chicken!"

"Cucumber sandwiches with Duke's mayo and baby Swiss! Or sliced in flavored vinegar with salt and pepper. Nomnom."

"Put some in a glass of water. It is very refreshing!"

"I have a cucumber salsa recipe I'll dig up for you."

"Softened cream cheese mixed with dill spread on two pieces of bread of your choice with sliced cucumber is how I enjoy cucumber sammiches." 

 

I read these recipes to my husband, who said, "Sounds like something you eat when you are starving."  He said "Hogs won't even eat 'um."  That boy doesn't want anything that isn't fried, lathered in fat back or chocolate, or isn't to be garnished with ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment